There are a variety of awards given out by ARH each year. Awards recognize members and programs of ARH, including students participating Leadership Associations and Diversity Coalitions, advisors, and sustainability-related activities.
- First Year Involvement Award
To be considered for the First Year Involvement Award, you must:
- Be a first year resident, freshman, or transfer student at ISU.
- Have demonstrated commitment to residential life on campus.
- Have involved themselves with ARH and a Leadership Association or a Diversity Coalition.
- Have attended meetings and programs on a regular basis.
- Have lent a helping hand to their respective executive boards.
- Student of the Year Award
To be considered for the Student of the Year Award, you must:
- Be an ISU student.
- Have shown outstanding leadership qualities within ARH.
- Strive to promote tolerance, social awareness, and community service among on-campus residents.
- Resident/Community Assistant of the Year Award
To be considered for the Resident/Community Assistant of the Year Award, you must:
- Have been an ISU Resident/Community Assistant during the current academic year.
- Exemplify characteristics above and beyond the job description while contributing to ARH, a Leadership Association, or a Diversity Coalition.
The ARH RA/CA Liaison is ineligible for this award due to the eligibility of the Jeremy Schenk award.
- Delegate of the Year Award
To be considered for the Delegate of the Year Award, you must:
- Have attended at least one conference since the previous Passing of the Gavel ceremony.
- Have shown enthusiasm and a willingness to meet new people at the conference(s) that were attended.
- Have made an effort to share what they have learned at the conference(s) that was/were attended back to the ISU campus and residence halls.
- Advisor of the Year Award
To be considered for the Advisor of the Year Award, you must:
- Have shown commitment to working with and developing your organization.
- Have shown an advising style which is dedicated to both UHS and ARH’s mission statements.
- Be a Housing organization advisor.
- Program of the Year Award
To be considered for the Program of the Year Award, your program must:
- Have surpassed the expectations of the residents, executive board, and ARH that attended or were affected by the program.
- Have been well received by the residents in attendance.
- Should show a commitment to ARH’s mission of excellence, diversity, leadership, integrity, education, and community.
- Sustainability Initiative Award
To be considered for the Sustainability Award, your program must:
- Have been a sustainable initiative or program that was aimed towards residence hall students.
- Have shown a commitment to the principles of sustainability, as defined in Article I of the ARH By-Laws.
- Focus to promote and educate sustainability in economic, environmental, and/or social settings.
- Leadership Association of the Year Award
Considerations for the Leadership Association of the Year award include:
- The number and quality of programs that were put on by the Leadership Association.
- The Executive Board's ability to work well together and with their advisors, as well as to work closely with ARH.
- Involvement with their area’s Diversity Coalition Executive Board.
- Involvement with ARH programs including having members of their area serve on ARH committees.
- The Leadership Association’s attendance at ARH General Assembly meetings.
- Diversity Coalition of the Year Award
To be considered for the Diversity Coalition of the Year Award, you must meet the following criteria:
- The number and quality of programs that were put on by the Diversity Coalition should be taken into consideration.
- This Executive Board should have been able to work well together and with their advisors, as well as work closely with ARH.
- Should have been involved with their Leadership Association’s Executive Board and worked closely with them.
- Should have been involved with ARH programs, including having members serve on committees.
- The Diversity Coalition’s attendance at ARH General Assembly meetings should be taken into consideration.
- Dave Nolan Award
To be considered for the Dave Nolan Award, you must:
- Be an ISU residence hall student, excluding Leadership Association and Diversity Coalition Presidents.
- Have exemplified “behind the scenes” dedication and service in the residence hall environment as well as on campus.
- Have shown characteristics of being caring and giving, as well as overall helpfulness without hesitation.
- Jeremy Schenk Award
The Jeremy Schenk Award is given to an ARH Executive Board member who:
- has exceeded the expectations of his or her position.
- helped members of the ARH Executive Board, Leadership Associations, and Diversity Coalitions when needed.
- helped represent ARH and UHS and their goals to the best of his or her ability.
- Should be someone that everyone can look up to when needed.